to tank or not to tank??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wat do u think about puttin a tank on this?

bike01-1.jpg

i've never seen it before n i think it would be sweeet!!

did they even make 20" tanks? or do they all fit the same?

all the other lowrider bike you see aren't even schwinns to begin with. but they are all welded up.

it just gets old seein the same stuff.

Schwinn made 20" phantoms with tanks but you better plan on coughing up some coin if you want to buy one. The last one I saw on ebay sold for around $300. I have not seen any repops.

i wouldnt shell out $$$ for an original schwinn tank just to get fork bumps in it. maybe just cut out a flat tank board instead ?

you can make a tank if you think outside the box a bit. Try not to get all caught up in the "must look like a motor cycle gas tank" thinking. A plate can look good, but I like seeing a bit of depth. My bud made two plates with louvers. It looks awesome. I made a tank out of some sheet aluminum and riveted it together. It's shape is similar to what you are looking to fill as a matter of fact. for photos, of the louvers search ifitsfreeitsforme's threads on his louver bike. you can click the link in my signature to my "second favorite build" to see my aluminum tank. Good luck!

CCR said:
i wouldnt shell out $$$ for an original schwinn tank just to get fork bumps in it. maybe just cut out a flat tank board instead ?

i didnt even think about that. i always liked the old 26" schwinns with the tanks. but ur right. that never even crossed my mind. thanks for savin me money lol

Latest posts

Back