Today's $20.00 Purchase (ID Help Please)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Today's $20.00 Purchase

Not sure but I'll take a guess.
Frankenbike.
Columbia frame?
Shelby chain guard?
Fenders?
Tanklight ...Columbia or Huffy? But with a men's bezel.

$20 is always a great find, regardless.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ross headlight bezel too. Not sure about the tank though. Interesting battery pack....what we did to keep the lights working back in the day.
But, I'm pretty sure the tank and the bezel were not originally met for each other.

Still, it belongs in the RRB forum.

Wildcat said:
Ross serial number, 1966.

I'm curious as to how you know it is a 66'?
Because of the R6 prefix of the serial number?
Is it possible it's a 1956 or 1976?
I would guess the style of the frame is the identifier but, I can't tell of the decade with this one.

jd56 said:
Wildcat said:

I would guess the style of the frame is the identifier but, I can't tell of the decade with this one.

The way I heard it, the first two numbers are the year, making it a 1963. A post '71 bike would of course have the BMA/6 decal. I don't think i've ever seen a 70s Ross middleweight, seems they leaned toward ten speeds and banana seaters. -Adam

Rustinkerer said:
jd56 said:
Wildcat said:

The way I heard it, the first two numbers are the year, making it a 1963. A post '71 bike would of course have the BMA/6 decal. I don't think i've ever seen a 70s Ross middleweight, seems they leaned toward ten speeds and banana seaters. -Adam

Thanks Adam. The first 2 digits of the serial.
I'm sure you have told me this before, just I don't see that many of the Ross' in my area and have moved away from this manufacturer for the moment. but, great info, thanks.
JD

Latest posts

Back