Todays BMX find....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I tell yaa,
I'm having luck finding Old School BMX's

maybe I need to start selling them off to Money my way up
to a Cool Old Cruiser..

A Redline Series Three 500a
Full Chromo
I even have the Bar and Nut Pads :mrgreen:

A little TLC and it's back to the 80's again. :wink:

peace,
Kev.
0276.jpg

0277.jpg

0278.jpg

0275.jpg

peace,
Kev.

Dang man....you're not kiddin.

That should put a nice chunk of change in the bank via Ebay.

I've been watching some auctions out there and the stuff is crazy.

Very nice find....I always wanted a Redline when I was a kid in the 80s, but was always stuck with a Huffy. :roll:

I can't tell, but does the seat have the lightning bolts on the sides? that looks like my old redline, except mine was white, until i stripped it and painted it.
Cool...

yustin said:
I can't tell, but does the seat have the lightning bolts on the sides? that looks like my old redline, except mine was white, until i stripped it and painted it.
Cool...

Yup Justin..it has a Lightning bold

and it's Faded,
but it says Redline on the back of the seat.

man , that's bringin me back.. I guess I had a 500a not a 501a. it was so long ago, probably 81 or 82 i guess, sh...t that's like twenty five years!! I'm gettin old. I wonder if redline made a 501 series? or if i just stuck with that number somehow?
I loved that bike.

Oooooh! Great find! Redlines are a personal favourite of mine. BITD, having a Redline was a big deal. I put many, many miles on my MX II. :D

To the best of my knowledge, the 500a and 600b used the essentially the same frameset as the MX II/MXIII. The major difference being the MXII/III's were US built and the 500a/600b were built overseas.
Your 500a looks like it's mostly original (but the kickstand really, really needs to go away. Please)

redline500aqu9.png

Who could ever forget Stompin' Stu Thomsen? (who, incidentally, is fairly active over at VBMX)

-Mp

Thanks MP...
I thought 82..but The one you just showed is exact..only Painted..
and I have the Bar pads as well..faded out..but still in one piece..

thanks again for the help Bruce,

I do have it listed for sale locally on Craigslist..
$100.00 as is..

Latest posts

Back