todays finds , not much to see

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a couple of bikes today.The older one has Western Flyer grips on it . There are no other readable markings. The other is a Toscana three speed. I had never heard of Toscana until today.The Toscana has a welded-on lug on the fork for the generator.The lock that extends out into the rear spokes to "lock" the rear wheel appears factory , too.The rear fender has a row of holes that would have been for laced-on skirt guards , I suppose. I wonder what they were made of?
001-14.jpg

003-12.jpg

002-9.jpg

004-12.jpg

005-4.jpg

I guess the Toscana originally had 26 x 1 3/8 tires that have been replaced with mountain bike tires. So far I haven't found anything thal tells where the bike was made. It looks Japanese made.Anybody else have one like it? Thanks. :?:

Maybe Italian...?

I thought so..cool find.!

That first one looks to be a Western Flyer version of a Spaceliner, can't remember what they called 'em, maybe "Space Flite" or something like that... -Adam

Tuscany is the province in Italy around Florence. If you're from Tuscany, you're a Tuscano. Gary

If the second bike is in fact from Italy, I'm not surprised to see permanent headlight/taillight mounts. I believe lights are mandatory for street bikes in most European countries.

Nice finds though, clean them up, Christmas is coming soon ($$$$)

Cheers,
Dr. T

Latest posts

Back