Today's haul...... Another one.... Awesome stem!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Went on my rounds this morning and not much out there but did find a few worth saving at reasonable prices.

First up I found this Pacific girl's mountain bike at the scrapyard for $10. Figure I'll double my money on it easy.
Todayshaul72412002.jpg

Then found this Schwinn Aerostar at a second hand store for $4!
Todayshaul72412001.jpg

Todayshaul72412007.jpg

Todayshaul72412004.jpg

Anybody need a lonely YO! grip? Make a good display piece.
Todayshaul72412003.jpg

FEMCO wheels? Any good?
Todayshaul72412006.jpg

Todayshaul72412005.jpg

Re: Today's haul

Femco makes good bmx wheels now, they are used on mirra co bmx bikes a lot. If they're old, they're probably better than the modern ones due to the fact that they are still steel insted of aluminum.

Re: Today's haul.... ANOTHER ONE!!!

Well here's one that came to me! A Schwinn Frounteer It was missing one bolt in the stem and a friend of mine wanted to get rid of it and get some fast cash. I had a bolt that fit laying in my toolbox. Very cool stem with a shock absorber built in to it. It makes a world of difference. Also cro-moly frame, Altus derailleur, Alex rims, and a suspension seat post.
TodayshaulSCHWINNFROUNTEER001.jpg

TodayshaulSCHWINNFROUNTEER002.jpg

TodayshaulSCHWINNFROUNTEER003.jpg

TodayshaulSCHWINNFROUNTEER004.jpg

TodayshaulSCHWINNFROUNTEER005.jpg

TodayshaulSCHWINNFROUNTEER006.jpg

Hmmm cool, I know it makes a world of difference riding it. Also it is light and FAST! I rode down to a friend's house and a car kept pace behind me and said I was up to 25MPH! That might not seem that fast but when you're "Fluffy" like me I feel proud of it. :mrgreen:

$4 for that Schwinn, there is one on Craigslist for $75 located in Tampa Fl.

If anyone knows is $75 the usual price for them?

ckdesigns69 said:
Looks like a good daily rider! Nice! :wink:
It is, With the spring seat post it is just a little tall though. Might swap it out later.

Latest posts

Back