Today's Haul

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I see an ad for the ladies mercury on the local CL for $25. I happened to be looking for a fixer-upper for my wife and it looked perfect (and the price was right). When I arrived he asked if I was interested in any more. Of course I responded " I'm always looking for more!". I'm interested but only have $40 from the ATM. I offer that on the mercury and the three small bikes and he says "I'll do $40 but you have to take this mountain bike too." "OK!" Here are the pics:

8be03bd5.jpg

3d0edc30.jpg

17b3a1b6.jpg

3e95360d.jpg

2655dd6c.jpg

d5300e31.jpg

cba519b2.jpg

ef05601b.jpg

6597a3e8.jpg

If anyone has any information about dating the mercury I would appreciate it. I read that murray stopped making the mercury line by 1942 so I'm assuming it's pre-war. Serial MO-L 15 1014

Thanks for looking!

Sorry tnt, the trike will be a future project. By the way, the solid rubber tires on the trike are shot. Does anyone know were replacements can be sourced? I haven't measured for size yet. Thanks.

Um, I need to find hollow tires, i will try to see if anyone says :D

I have some solid rubber trike tires for the front. Let me know what size you need. I think mine are 20" and might have one 16". Will send you one for the cost of the postage. Very old but NOS.

That little Roadmaster has a convertible tank. Take out the rear bolt and move the tank up to make it a boys bike. Gary

Back