Todays project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just replaced the cam cover gasket on my Sportster a week or so ago because of a leak. Well it started leaking again, in the same spot. Upon closer examination I discovered a slightly raised spot on the engine case. Its located right under that v-shaped notch at the top of the case. Don't know how I missed it before, but I took some pics. And wouldn't you know when I pulled the cover this time all the cams came out with it! Not too hard to reinstall, you just have to hold up the tappets with clothes pins, reinstall the thrust washers and line up the little marks on the gears. Oh well it ain't easy being greasy 8)
P1010354.jpg

P1010353.jpg

P1010352.jpg

Cool Bike. I want one.. I got alot of convincing to do, Mom + Dad wont like the idea :lol: Oh well. :mrgreen:

nice sporty, what year. i used to run a chopped 76 ironhead. bored to 80 cubes. 90 hp an 124 ft lbs of torke bad little boy. man was it fun. 6 ft long springer an 38 degrees of rake. have fun. now i ride a 96 harly road king, raked out to 34 degrees, stock frontend. slamed the rear down, now it has about 3 in of clearance under it.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

1983. Changed the tappet block guide seals also. No leaks.......for now.

Latest posts

Back