Todays "Spring Cleaning" Finds UPDATE 4/29 One More Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Town over is having there spring cleaning where you can throw anything away.

First bike I pulled up and grabbed right as the scrap guy was pulling up, nothing special but has cool tires:

misc.jpg

Got in my truck but saw a wheel on the scrap truck, got out, it was a schwinn continental, "wanna sell that? sure. How much? $5. Deal"

Front and rear quick release, paint looks pretty good, rims might clean up

schwinn1.jpg

schwinn2.jpg

Next one is a Power King 3 speed, looks just like the Hercules I sold except this one is made in Japan.

powerking.jpg

powerking2.jpg

And the next one I saw a scrap guy trying to get a fridge into his truck, saw a small wheel on top, decided to loop back and offer a hand. Took a while to loop back but he was still there, helped him, he asked what I collected, told him bikes, after a while hes like "You want that one up there?" I was like yes. Looked like a 16" but oh well. Then he pulls this out and said here ya go, thanks: I saw the name and couldn't believe it! I dont know old school bmx but I know its got some nice parts on it.

So what do I have here??

It has a complete mix of parts so I'll probably part it out, just wondering whats worth what, if anything.

power1.jpg

power2.jpg

powe3.jpg

Re: Todays "Spring Cleaning" Finds (need old school bmx help)

The primo pedals and Elf bars are both worth something.

Re: Todays "Spring Cleaning" Finds (need old school bmx help)

Thanks for the help guys, its a little newer than I thought.

Now I'm not into bmx, so what do you bmx guys think I should do with this one?

Should I put a matching set of rims/tires on it and try to sell it?

Or should I part it out?

This might have been made by Murray....here's my unmodified 1971 with a very similar setup

100_0294-1.jpg

Back