todays trip to the junk yards... :)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
todays trip to the junk yards... :)

first up is a sears ladies bike I know nothing about.. any info will be good... sn is 505-458111

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

3.jpg

blurry sorry... SN# is 505-458111

Second bike is an unknown... has a very long Sn# it is....26424--9102417H3957 wow long right. it has a 3 speed rear hub that has a twist grip shifter... no clue any info about it will help

7-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

gonna post in bike id also

oh and got a kids seat...

ks2.jpg

kidsseat1.jpg

1speedJam1982 said:
thats what i thought. is there somewhere i can find out what year?
Not that I know of. The rear hub If it's a Sturmy Archer should have a date stamp on it which would date the wheels so IF they are original that would at least get you close. If it's a Shimano 3 speed I'd guess it's 1960's-1970's

I just checked. its a sturmy archer and it has a 63 and an 11 stamped on it

1speedJam1982 said:
I just checked. its a sturmy archer and it has a 63 and an 11 stamped on it
It's a 1963 wheel then. the 11 I think is a model #

ok. thank you so much for the help. I read that the first number in the serial number is the year so im thinking its a 62

No problem 90% of my knowledge has come from this site so I love giving it back. Also keep in mind that only means the crank shell was stamped in 62, and they didn't always go in order so it could be a 62 it could be 64. Still a cool bike though.

oh got ya, so are you saying that the frame could of been built in 62, and given that the sturmey archer hub is 63 that the bike was probably not put out till 64, making it a 64??? but anyways I love the info on this site. thanks again

Yeah or the actual crank housing might have been stamped in 62, welded into a frame in 63, given the rims in 63 or 64, and could have been sold as a 65. There's really no way to tell 100%.

Back