Today's Truckload

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Picked all this stuff up from an estate auction.

This thing is confusing me... Packard head badge. Somebody tried their hand at frame building...

April of '68 'Ray. I raised the seat up, turned the bars forward, filled the tires and off I went!

Really cool 20 inch Rollfast

Unknown girly bike

Unknown 20 incher, really diggin on this one

Always love a good diamond frame, this Higgins is missing some pieces, but sports original aluminum wheels.

Really diggin this frame

There is more that the sun wouldn't allow me to take pictures of tonight so I'll post the rest tomorrow.

Jon

Packard is a Colson Badge, shame about that one! The unknown girly is a Snyder, like the Rollfast, but older, early 50s. Notice how the rear dropouts have two fender brace holes, while the RF (58 or later) has four connected holes. The third frame has a Huffy chain ring, could be a Huffy... =Adam

The Higgins 5 or 10 speed is 63 or earlier, after that took the Sears name. The frame would be good to build with. A nice rat road bike.

That Packard is an early custom........... Cause when grandpa seen what them boys did to his old bicycle.......... he cussed'em up one side and down the other!!

Thanks guys, lots of helpful info here. I'm keeping the stingray and probably the Higgins, I've been wanting to build a commuter. The Packard will most likely see wall hanger duty sometime in the future, the welds are outstandingly awful huge gaps in the bars, the handle bars have been welded to the neck.... I may just get bored one day and throw it together as a franken bike.

Thanks again, if you see anything you like I will be at Memory Lane on Friday next week.

Last edited:
The Higgins could easily be a commuter. The Austria made (Puch I think) frames were well made, and you can easily find a derailluer that will work with it, keeping the cranks and cluster it has. If the wheels are straight they might be used with just a good cleaning. If not, I would go with a internally geared rear hub w coaster brake and new alloy wheels, 700c (if it is 27" originally) would work if you don't need the front handbrake.

It would take some work but you could bring that Packard back to life. I think it would be a fun challenge to cut it up and put it back the way it was.

Like this one?

s0xwr8.jpg

I think the unknown girly bike is also a Rollfast, going by the sprocket and the dropouts. It may be older than the boy's frame going by the holes for fender mounts.

Well as of now everything he found is mine and it stayed in the family, everything is being gone through and most of it sold

Back