Torker Beach Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 87 year old Dad picked this out of the landfill this weekend.

TorkerBeachCruiser-01.jpg

TorkerBeachCruiser-02.jpg

WHAT !!!!! ARE YOU CRAZY?
Before you tear me up you got to know that I live in a highly vacationed area ( Coast Guard Beach listed as the top ten beaches) with a mind boggling amount of unoccupied summer homes in the winter. Some people are just getting by with their second home or so they say. Some of them have deep pockets and take pleasure in this throw away society to stimulate the economy by throwing the old rusty bike out and buy a new one. Don't think that I live in the land of plenty 'cause here on the Cape our wages are being smothered by the cost of living. Just off Cape is the land of plenty.......but they don't have the Cape :wink:

These jems come by once in a while but you have to put in the time to find them. My Dad has plenty of time and he bops over to the landfill with all the other old guys where they stand around, pick at the piles, and lie to each other. He has given me a few duds where as I thank him before I chop shop them. He has once again rung the bell for me.

This is him last year with his old Uni Vega Touring bike he got new 25 years ago. This bike was set up for him to fly. He has no idea what they did to it but the old timer that worked on it kept changing things till he was satisfied. My father never paid for the labor.

DadsUniVega.jpg

Graylock

Lucky :mrgreen: Great score Graylock :wink: Build-off frame change again :?: :?:

It's stolen! :lol: ....People in MA do through good stuff away :roll: ...Remember the Cervelo? Ya got me beat this week...The best place to live is in a vacation (second, third home) area or a college area (like 5 of em :lol: )

I'm ok with stolen if it came out of the landfill. The picture of my Dad was taken when I was making photo files of the bikes I had not made files of. He just happened to drop by that day so I made him hold the bike. He doesn't ride any more with his bad knees.

I can't give you any details Walker where this landfill is and besides you have to go toe to toe with my old man and I know you might be able to take him but he cheats, It's his advantage :wink:

Can't make another build off change and I wouldn't use it anyways :roll: I think :| . I aired up the tires and lowered the seat by 2" and adjusted the bars. I have at least 5 miles on it by now. I think I may look into some Fat Franks or something like that. The bike handles well enough to ride without holding onto the bars :roll: just like Nova does

The bike must be at least 5 or 6 years old I would think. I'll bring it down to my LBS to date it. They use to sell them.

Graylock

Nice score! I like the paint scheme on that Torker
Here's my Torker Bermuda after a few modifications.
The only original parts are the frame and chainguard.

Torker%201.jpg

That is sweet.........I like the tire choice 8) I was thinking I would see if the fatter tires in brick red or cream would fit. As far as I can tell it may be a close fit. If they fit close I'm willing........in our early 70's motocross racing days the saying was an inch is as good as a mile. A fit's a fit.

Graylock

Back