Totally new guy with lots of old bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New guy here, first post obviously. I actually signed up over at The Cabe recently, and the guys there suggested I might find some good help here.

My personal interests are mostly (more modern) steel bikes. I tinker on older bikes but ride newer ones, and I ride quite a bit- road, mountain, city & touring. I am pretty much in the dark on pre-1980 bicycles, but that is why I am here. I fell into a collection of older stuff, '50s to '70s, and I have lots of questions! A lot of it I need to price and re-home. Some are really cool and will form a nice (little) collection for me after I get through everything. I think I have some fairly odd & interesting stuff to share, and like I said- lots of questions!!

Sorry for the crappy pic, but here's my garage!

20160319_192855.jpg

And here's a couple of oddballs. I know a bit about the Sherrell but not the other. Any ideas?

20160319_193245.jpg

P1080655.JPG

A Big Welcome. You certainly have fallen into an interesting collection.
We have a lot of enthusiastic and square dealing members on RRB and we'll be happy to help I.D. and re-home all that you choose to offer and encourage you with any you might build.

Last edited:
New guy here, first post obviously. I actually signed up over at The Cabe recently, and the guys there suggested I might find some good help here.

My personal interests are mostly (more modern) steel bikes. I tinker on older bikes but ride newer ones, and I ride quite a bit- road, mountain, city & touring. I am pretty much in the dark on pre-1980 bicycles, but that is why I am here. I fell into a collection of older stuff, '50s to '70s, and I have lots of questions! A lot of it I need to price and re-home. Some are really cool and will form a nice (little) collection for me after I get through everything. I think I have some fairly odd & interesting stuff to share, and like I said- lots of questions!!

Sorry for the crappy pic, but here's my garage!

20160319_192855.jpg

And here's a couple of oddballs. I know a bit about the Sherrell but not the other. Any ideas?

20160319_193245.jpg

P1080655.JPG
Great collection of different flavors of bikes. Love it! Welcome to RRB......you're family now!

Great collection, welcome to the site.
A lot of knowledge here.
Looks like you've got some custom stuff, and atleast one of my "holy grail" bikes.
Look forward to seeing them individually.

Is that a Huffy radio bike back by the trash bags? Interesting lot of bikes indeed! Chester Cheetah bikes crack me up!!

That looks like a nice Columbia Fire Arrow. Boy, I have a nice evans-action fork that would look great on that Hiawatha Seminole bike.

It aint easy beein cheesey but how bout a pic of the chester cheetah bike? lolol. Never seen one.

It aint easy beein cheesey but how bout a pic of the chester cheetah bike? lolol. Never seen one.

I am happy to provide photos, but I would kind of like to give some of these odd bikes each their own thread/topic. Any suggestions on the most appropriate forum? For the Cheetos and the Sherrill.

Hey Dave, it's the purple one with black spots on the fenders, in the first picture on this thread.

Oh thanks! that thing is hideous! hahaha. Lots of cool old bikes man, thats one heck of a find! Looking forward to seeing what comes up for sale!

If you are just joining get and have that many bikes I will hate (love) to see your garage after you play on this site for a while...hahaha,

Welcome new person:)

Back