Totally Tubular

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I have a question. Do the 24 x 3" tires take special size tubes? I got my ebay set in today, and I started thinking about it. Never messed w/any of the 'new school' cruiser stuff. I have of course, screwed around with the air hose and a loose 26 x 2.125 tube... They can get cartoonishly large.. :lol: ~Adam

i have run 24 x 1.75 tubes and 26 a 2.125 tubes..... never have had an issue with any of them really
a few years ago when the 24x3 tires came out I ordered a wheelset with those tires on them from a guy in boston and he had the 24x 1.75 tubes installed
he sells a ton of stoff
http://stores.ebay.com/BOSTONCOOLTOYSANDBIKES

Thanks guys, I had a feeling it wouldn't make too much of a difference, but it never hurts to ask! -Funny tube story: Years ago, I had an apartment at the beach, and kept my one bike, Old Faithful, parked behind the couch. Middle of the night, I was jolted outta bed by what sounded like a gunshot! I got up and looked around, but saw nothing. A couple days later, went to take the bike out, and saw the ruptured Superior whitewall with shreds of 1967 tube hanging out of the hole! :lol: ~Adam

we had a bike in the shop the other day. i was standing close by and all of a sudded for no reason a big bang. the tube came out from the tire and it was really big for about 8". wish i had a camera of it. it was funny. yep i jumped.lol

Outlaw :lol:

Bike shop I used to work in in London had an outside toilet, the kind with a gap at the top and bottom of the door, the manager used to grab a magazine and sit in there for ages so one day one of the mechanics waited for him to 'get comfortable' got a 26" tube, attached it to a compressor, threw it under the door and turned it on. For added comic effect he leaned on the door. The tube got to about ten feet across before he escaped with his pants still round his ankles. Never seen anyone finish their business so quick!

Latest posts

Back