Tour de Fat dates

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The Tour de Fat season has started. Look at the local dates and attend if you can. All proceeds go to help local bike organizations.

More info http://www.newbelgium.com/vibe_tourdefat.php

Denver - July 7
San Francisco - July 21
Truckee - July 28
Seattle - August 11
Portland - August 18
Boise - August 25
Missoula - September 1
Durango - September 15
Ft. Collins - September 22
Flagstaff - October 6
Tempe - October 13
Austin - October 20

aka_locojoe said:
I'm trying to get my vacation arranged so we can go to Ft Collins.
Anyone else?

Going to the epicenter. That would be a great time, beside that Fort Collins is susposed to be a nice little town.

a fatty ride

heck yes, tour de fat rocks! some of the best bike events ive been to. Ive attended 7 so far, was hoping for a close one but me and the misses are going to the fort collins tour "flag ship". If anyone lives close to one of these you should atttend. not only a fun event, the people you meet are great and the money does go to a good cause. and you could win one of there bikes!

I'll be there

My co-worker sent me a link to this event...look for me and my red banana seat :mrgreen:

DSC01800.jpg

TDF

hey randy, no i havent dressed up yet. and the only people that i saw dressed in a costume was the 2 guys runnin the thing! did you get the time off to go and are you taking the wife?

Re: TDF

jon said:
hey randy, no i havent dressed up yet. and the only people that i saw dressed in a costume was the 2 guys runnin the thing! did you get the time off to go and are you taking the wife?

Still working on getting the time off. Yes it'll be both of us going if we can.

In Boise, about 20% of the people dress up. The dress code theme this year is susposed to be "the Summer of Love."

Tour de Fat for me this weekend. Woo hoo.

Going to ride Orange Crush in the parade. Hoping to get someone to ride my Townie down for me to ride in the Slow Bike Comp. It gives a better position for the finals. They force you to ride and drink at the same time.

cman said:
Tour de Fat for me this weekend. Woo hoo.

Going to ride Orange Crush in the parade. Hoping to get someone to ride my Townie down for me to ride in the Slow Bike Comp. It gives a better position for the finals. They force you to ride and drink at the same time.

Your "to do" list...
1. Have fun.
2. Take photos.

tour de fat

randy,sounds like me and jackie are going to go to fort collins. hows that time off working out? when we get closer ill talk atya about going or meeting you somewhere on the way down. "tour de fat" nuthin but a good time!

Just got back from the freak show. Will post some pics later. all in all had a blast. I was doing great in the slow bike competitiion until the ref told be I couldnt track stand. And I thought track stands were just for fixies.

First a colored rim for Randy

0825071434.jpg

A pixie race of some kind
0825071450.jpg

a couple of the freakbikes to ride
0825071650.jpg

The gnome won the slow bike comp.
0825071442.jpg

Just some other bikes
0825071510.jpg

0825071508a.jpg

0825071508.jpg

beer and bicycles

Hello and good morning. thought i'd pass along that there is about 2 weeks till the fort collins "tour de fat" happens. Me and the girlfriend are
leaving to go on the 20th to get there early and check out the town.

anyone going let us know and we'll get together in fort collins!!! first pitcher is on me. Cant wait to go, you saw the pic's and your still asking questions.....hope to meet some FBM riders.

tour of a lifetime

Hey kids, its monday and theres only 6 more days till the tour de fat!! cant wait to see anyone from RRB. skip school, call into work sick tell the wife your going out for milk and cigs! you cant go wrong. seeya there

Well we made it to Ft Collins. Funny while we were looking for a place to park and call Jon to see if they were here, he spotted the John Deere bike in the back of our truck and chased us down. Can't believe we were at the same place at the same time. And this is a busy place. Man what a bicycle town. Cool bikes of all kinds all over. Old cruisers, new cruisers even spotted a tall bike parked in front of a bar. It almost seems dangerous they're all zipping around town even at night. I've never seen so many bikes in one place.

Tomorrows the fest. Will get pics up as soon as I can.

Latest posts

Back