tractor paint

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi has anyone had luck with spray on tractor paint?Im going to paint soon on a steel frame..Im doing 2 colors ivory and dark green.If I cant find spray ivory paint then i'll use tan.
Whats the best paint to use with 2 colors/

I work at a tractor shop. We sell New Holland(formerly Ford) tractors. Our paint is made by valspar. It seems to work really well for me. I painted my build-off bike the cheapliner in two tone red and gray, and my wife's old Hawthorne in black and white with very good results. The paint lays down fairly thick, so becareful there, but once it's cured and dry, it's pretty tough. I also used a good sandable primer, also made by Valspar, beneath the color. I don't see any reason to not use tractor paint. I used it cuz it was cheapest, as i got an employee discount. :mrgreen:

massey ferguson rattlers are good too, specially red oxide primer, u can just gun it on and it dont run. unless u go mad that is. Kubota paint however is super thin and goes on like water

I've been wondering that since I saw my girlfriend's dad refinish his old Oliver. He used Valspar, also. They make a color for virtually every tractor brand I can think of. I found a tractor store that sells it locally. Roughly $5 per can.

I really dig the Allis Chalmers Orange!

87857d1193156576-looking-photos-allis-chalmers-c-allis2ss.jpg

Yeah Valspar is the OEM paint maker for Case, NewHolland, and I believe John Deere. And they do make almost every Ag company's paint colors. And they make a pretty decent product as far as I know...

Valspar is great! The tractor/ industrial paints are tuff. They take a beating and hold on tight. I've used it on a couple of bikes and was realy happy with it. Also don't rule out the rattle cans of spray on bedliners. They give a cool texture and you can paint over most of them. Tuff as nails

Latest posts

Back