Traded for two cool bikes and met a member!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Got two new (old) bikes today from a fellow RRB member. Really cool guy. First is a JC Higgins 20" Bendix junior hub, original paint in GREAT shape. Pretty cool little bike. I might make a small tank for it later but other than that I will leave it alone.
JCHiggins20in.jpg

Second is this Firestone Flame 20" Muscle bike, all original right down to the slightly dry rotted tires and they actually STILL HOLD AIR! I do need to rebuild the Bendix 70 hub on the back, it's sticking a bit. Being a Bendix 70 hub I assume it's somewhere between a 1970 and a 1976 when Bendix 76 hubs came out. But I could be wrong.
Firestone.jpg

Better pics soon.

Thanks Joe & great meeting you too!

Honestly, I feel like I got the better end of the deal. I picked up a 24" Hawthorne that's pretty much finished, and a sweet old Hercules 26" that's also in good riding condition. He even gave me an early-90's Haro BMX bike for driving 200mi round-trip to do the swap!

highship said:
If you don't mind me asking :oops: What did you trade for them?

This Hercules
P9170013.jpg

The Hawthorne bike I picked up at the scrapyard with a fork some bars and wheels from another 3 speed bike I parted out so it was ridable.
bike4.jpg

And the Haro as a perk for delivering
3n63m13la5Y15X45S1b35e8da7c06e6c618c9.jpg

If Pete wants he can post pics of them as they are now.

ParkRNDL said:
Love the Firestone. made by Huffy, right?

--rick

I don't know but judging from the chainring that would be my guess.

Latest posts

Back