Traded Schwinn for Hiawatha Silver Chief

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
14992004_1282735268427133_7433943426675908559_n_zpsjc2aarvk.jpg
Today I was enjoying my ride on my bike a local Bike shop owner stopped me and so I followed him to the shop to check the place out. In the front window was this clean looking girls bike and odd looking front hub. For some reason I was drawn to the bike. He asked me if I wanted a even trade and I agree'd and even the original tires and tubes hold air. I just cleaned and oiled it up and all I can say is its one smooth ride.

A few been for sale recently... Seems like a cool concept not sure how serviceable they are but it's a self contained torsion sprung hub.. very cool. I'm sure the bike shop owner was happy also..

Its not the Floating hub but Held on with 3 spokes. I guess spoke protectors but I never seen this style before. Now all I have to do is find the front light style for it. Rides smooth for being all original with Charleston tires. The year is unknow to me at the moment but I think its a 56-57 due to it has the exact chainguard as the Radiobikes

Back