Trades or Sales You Regret

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im a little wacky, so I feel it does suit. I figured the colors of my bike gave it that voodoo feel..a little Franken-Oldie. I Honestly wish the bike was in original patina when I got it, instead of rattlecan painted, but It probably was what reeled me in at first.. then I saw the crank.. and the seat.. and heck.. I had to have it. My own touches are sure to be made soon [pictures of course!]

Flying Zombie, thanks for bringing up some of the older posts. Some topics are always relevant!
For me the one I regret selling the most was an original paint 1936 Mead Crusader (Schwinn Motorbike style with the hanging toolbox tank-you know, the "good" one).
My regret isn't so much that I let it go, but I heard later the guy immediately broke it down for repaint using bomb cans--including silver spray over the original only slightly peppered chrome.:(

That's brutal.....my condolences

Flying Zombie, thanks for bringing up some of the older posts. Some topics are always relevant!
For me the one I regret selling the most was an original paint 1936 Mead Crusader (Schwinn Motorbike style with the hanging toolbox tank-you know, the "good" one).
My regret isn't so much that I let it go, but I heard later the guy immediately broke it down for repaint using bomb cans--including silver spray over the original only slightly peppered chrome.:(
Happy to be around, its just a bonus to be useful so early on ^.6 I hope I can advance and be as useful as you when asked about the wonderful pieces you create. Sorry to hear about the Schwinn.. As said above, the rattle-can paint on mine has me a little bummed, but I'm not big on chrome..Gonna go original patina when the additions come into play.

Back