Trail Ripper "FINISHED" Now With Video!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trail Ripper "My Version of a Off Road Kick and Go"

Looks great, how heavy is it? Have your cranked that rear spring down hard to try to stiffen the ride any?

Thanks fellas,I did tighten the rear spring and it stiffens it a ton.It isnt as heavy as I thought about the same as a cheap MTB...

:shock: how did I miss this?? just awesome!! I loved the kick and go's when i was a kid, but was way over the weight rating when they came out.. :lol:

Today when I got home from work I decided to make a second shock mount to make the suspension really adjustable for us heavy duty riders!Now I can set the rear height at 3 1/2" or 5" pretty cool!I weigh 280lbs and I can bounce up and down with plenty of clearence so id say anyone can roll this dude!I will post more pics after I mount the pedal ,peak the bottom of the frame and a few other things... 8) :mrgreen:

Cool! That's a great idea. You gotta post a video after you finish it.

Getting Closer!!!Today I got most of the welding and grinding done except for the deck mounts and peak but its close to being finished.I got the rear brakes figured out,ran a cable through the frame,Fit the pedal and it works great and pulls 7"! I got the swingarm all welded and ground down its about ready to paint.
DSC00134.jpg
DSC00130.jpg
DSC00127.jpg
DSC00128.jpg
DSC00129.jpg
DSC00132.jpg
DSC00131.jpg
DSC00133.jpg
DSC00135.jpg

Re: Trail Ripper "My Version of a Off Road Kick and Go"Pic Heavy

I finished the deck mounts !I still have to peak the frame but its gettin close to mud and paint! 8) :mrgreen:
DSC00136.jpg
DSC00137.jpg
DSC00138.jpg

Heres the template/cardboard deck .Ididnt want it to fat or skinny what do ya think?
buildoffdeck.jpg
buildoffdeck2.jpg
And heres the rear brake mounted under the swing arm...
buildoffbrakes.jpg

Wow man, that´s looking perfect!! I love the level of detail you accomplished, everything is so neat!
I think board is perfect. Keep going, I want to see more!

Gdcast said:
Wow man, that´s looking perfect!! I love the level of detail you accomplished, everything is so neat!
I think board is perfect. Keep going, I want to see more!

Thanks!!!!A couple more long nights and It will be done,hopefully this weekend 8) :mrgreen:

Great, can´t wait to see it in action!

Tonight I was able to make the deck :D The diamond plate went out the window and I made my own...I started with some 1/8 aluminum and engine turned it with a wire cup brush,then threw on a 2" strip of grip tape on it !So what do ya think?I like how it came out I might put some pinch moulding around the edges so it doesnt slice any ankles!Tomorrow Ill finish the welding I have left to do and hopefully start some body work! 8) :mrgreen:
DSC00139.jpg
DSC00141.jpg
DSC00140.jpg
DSC00143.jpg
DSC00144.jpg

That deck loks great, do you have some soft edging for it?

yoothgeye said:

I was thinking of using the pinch moulding people put on the edge of car doors or something like that....any sugestions?

FatBoy said:
yoothgeye said:

I was thinking of using the pinch moulding people put on the edge of car doors or something like that....any sugestions?

That's what I was thinking.

The day has finally come when im actually starting to lay down some paint!!!I got the bottom of the frame done and body worked along with the swingarm,neck and bars...Now there all in primer just some fine sanding and then color!Im getting anxious to assemble this and call it done!Ill try and paint it tomorrow but if all goes well!! 8) :mrgreen:
DSC00145.jpg
DSC00146.jpg
DSC00147.jpg
DSC00148.jpg

yoothgeye said:
And the color will be... ??? ??? ???

I will have to keep ya wondering for a little while longer...I painted everything and have it about 99% assembled,just a few minor details and I post up the pics.Im really happy with the way its coming out! 8) :mrgreen:

Re: Trail Ripper Kick and Go" Finally getting some PAINT"

Wow man, how you do it? keeps getting better and better every time I check it out!
Now get that paint on!!!

Latest posts

Back