Trailmate Joyrider 'cause I didn't have one

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had never heard of a Trailmate Joyrider until the other day when one popped up on the local Craigslist. It was cheap and I didn't have one - so now I do. I aired up the tires and rode it today. It rides well except I can tell the rusty chains, (there are two), create some extra resistance. I plan to restore it. Anybody else got one?
20191108_095902.jpg
20191108_095553.jpg 20191108_095626.jpg I believe this one is a '93 model.

I saw one of those outside of a bike shop that sells a lot of franken bikes and trikes.

I replaced the chains today, out of my stash of stuff. Of course one chain is longer than the usual bicycle chain and the other one shorter than the norm but I worked it out. The gearing is good on this thing and with new chains it pedals nice. It's quite fun to ride. I experimented a little on one chrome rim and the chrome front fender, pretty much the only chrome on it, and I believe they will clean up nicely. If not I will replace both rear rims and the front fender, no big deal. Rear fenders were an option on these and I might add them on too. It appears that the manufacturers used existing parts in the builds, and nothing except the frame and "handlebars" were built in-house so parts won't be hard to find. I checked with the manufacturer in Florida and I can get the decal set. I've ordered some rear tires that are black with blue walls. The front will certainly be the first time I've ever ordered a 12.5" tire!

Latest posts

Back