Trainwreck Lowrider

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I saw this add and thought it would be a cool bike
CLadd.jpg

Well it was Um........Ah........How do I sound nice about this It was a Train wreck Low rider. I went ahead and paid $40 for two reasons.
1. It had some nice parts and it was only $40
2. So we could all share in the laughter of another Craigslist story.
I propped it back up so you could see it in all it's original glory.
P1260012.jpg

P1260013.jpg

Welding by Helen Keller
P1260014.jpg

No penetration of metal at all
P1260015.jpg

More welding by Helen Keller on the seat tube
P1260019.jpg

dragnusa said:
come on you know those mirrors make it all worth 40 bucks
I mainly bought it for parts and so we could all laugh at it. I figure if you had to buy the parts the mirrors are $10 each, the lowrider bumper is $25, I saw my money back in those 3 pieces. It also has a Troxel seat, then the wheels, crank, stem, fork, and pedals went on my GT and I traded it last night for a nice looking Diamondback. I'll try to get some pics later.

I saw that post on CL the other day, haha! I was so hoping there were pics. Thanks for sharing!

subi4life said:
I saw that post on CL the other day, haha! I was so hoping there were pics. Thanks for sharing!
Yeah I would have been embarrassed to show it too...lol.

Dude worked with what he had... At least he tried, which is more than I can say for some people. If he's a kid he needs a mentor. When I was a kid every bike I had was of similiar build quality (actually some of the bikes I have now may fall in that category!).

Rg

heyslugger said:
RRBuild off has been cancelled due to 'INSTANT WIN' entry. Sorry everybody else, OSCs won.

I wouldn't even take credit for building this thing, I can understand if it actually held together but on the phone he made it sound so cool and said he rode it (Guy looked around 35-40 so he should know better) I just got mad at him saying he rode it, I'd have still bought it but just be upfront about it.

Outlaw90 said:
i would have took the back added part off and kept the Schwinn Super Stock frame as a bmx build
I ended up grinding the "welding" off the dropouts and gave it to a kid down the road. I already have a BMX project. My Diamondback
P1280009.jpg

Latest posts

Back