Transition Klunker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem, thad made some pretty cool posts in that older thread. There's no transition dealers anywhere near me or I would have at least checked one out. I think I subliminally built my Skyway up off the burnt image that 1st klunker left in my head from staring at it lol

1922055_10203749948333447_2718102011455861168_n.jpg

I think, @$600 complete, they're priced about right, as evidenced by the fact that they keep selling out of them. The thrifty and the mod-obsessed might be better off buying a SHD frame from Chuckz, as the geometry is similar, if you can live without 4130.

Apparently you can get these much cheaper if you steal one from my garage, or atleast someone thought so. Nothing says welcome to the neighbor hood like having your bike stolen. Atleast they didn't take my BMX or vintage collections. Much more valuable to me than a bike I could replace. I loved the way it looked but I didn't really like the way it road so it will not be replaced with another.

I think, @$600 complete, they're priced about right, as evidenced by the fact that they keep selling out of them. The thrifty and the mod-obsessed might be better off buying a SHD frame from Chuckz, as the geometry is similar, if you can live without 4130.

Do you have any links to purchase a frame or specs?
I have a Nexus 7 hub I'd like to put onto something abit more retro looking.

Apparently you can get these much cheaper if you steal one from my garage, or atleast someone thought so. Nothing says welcome to the neighbor hood like having your bike stolen. Atleast they didn't take my BMX or vintage collections. Much more valuable to me than a bike I could replace. I loved the way it looked but I didn't really like the way it road so it will not be replaced with another.

That's a bummer...had a similar incident in the early 90's where a whole row of garages got hit at the apartments I lived at. Had a Specialized Rockhopper that got snagged and it was only a few months old.

I checked out these bikes, very nice looking. $100 to get shipped to my house, I would buy one if I could pick it up locally.

What's your address? I'd like to steal your vintage BMX bikes.

Aren't to many things to make me want to kill.
My wife, children, dog, and bikes are on that list, DON'T MESS WITH THEM!
Sorry this happened, lock the garage.

I too was enamored by the transition klunker...I sent an email to transition, as there's no dealer in my state....

$659 shipped?!

PS- October, your powder blue SHD is far more rad than the Transition Klunker, imo.

Sorry if I'm crossing any boundaries here, but:
8B835286-EF21-472F-A811-F9F585D5A068.jpg

versus:
file.php

I'll take Octo's bike over Transition's any day, although I'd probably swap the fork out for something straighter and beefier,,,

Last edited:
Back