Trash find freebie!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I went out for a ride today enjoying the nice...well mediocre weather. (it warmed up but it's been off and on rain all day) Ended up blowing out a tire on the trike and pushing the trike home, on the way a guy flags me down and says if I stop by his place he'd give me a new tube! It was on the way anyway so I did, turns out he works on bikes too. About a block later I see this laying in the alley thrown away. It needs some gear and brake cable work but for free I'll take it all day long.
image-157.jpg

image-158.jpg

I'll probably fix it up and try it out, if it rides better than my diamondback I might keep it and flip the DB, if not I'll flip this one for cash.

Well after fixing the brakes and gear cables I went for a short test ride and found another problem... The left side crank arm is stripped out and wiggles back and forth almost an inch so I'll have to replace it. Other than that I like it, aluminum frame is much lighter than my diamondback. And the shock in front is nice. I've never heard of this fork though its a Rosshock 226, not to be confused with rock shock.

image_zps1fdb2e0b.jpg

image_zpsf3f0cd2c.jpg

I looked closer and more bad news, the crank chainring is bent and rubbing the frame so the entire crank needs replaced. I am debating weather to fix it or to strip it for parts.

Latest posts

Back