Treasure Hunt Trader

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there ,
I have a problem ...LOL

I collect Hotwheels .

If you share the same interest as me , Hotwheels , old Bicycles & old VW stuff...

I would be interested in making new Hotwheel trade partners in the midwest , eastcost or anywere for that matter .
Have From Old No5 Treasure Hunts back with several extra supper models to trade with ... Just ask 4 more Info. Mostly interested in filling the slots I Do Not already have. Willing to help you do the same if I can.

Looking to trade Larrys & Phil's Autographed & W/L cars too.

Thank's
Stephen / Wingman

So, what T-Hunts are you looking for ? I have been a "wheeler" for about 20+ years..kinda slowed down now as space tends to be limited..but got ALOT..Let me know what you need..might have it.

Lucern is on Hwy 20 . the northern pasageway across to the coast from the valley.about 2 hours out of sacto .
They still have a Fosters Freeze & ya can get a ticket real quick there. ... Its a Radar speed trap 4 the Radar Bears & local Revenewers.
Sleepy little ,sumertime tourist kinda little town . The kind of place that as a kid ya can't wait to escape from & as an oder folk ya can't wait to get back to . Idealike
Its about 3/4 the way to the coast.
Have I missed any thing about Lucern ??? lol.
Would love to look at your stuff. Didn't get a shot at the 95 T/Hunts & now they are out of site on E Bomb.
Are you & the boy taking stuff to Turlock this year ?? Gona take the hotwheels ?? I have never been ... sounds like a good time .

Best wishes,
Stephen / Wingman

So to understand..ya'll are going to the famed "Turlock Swap Meet" ??? Which day ??? I am saving my pennies as we speak..Wingman..I have an original Foster's Freeze about 2 blocks from my place..found it about 2 pants sizes ago !! Hope to see ya'll in Turlock !! Wingman..I got 1 extra 95 T-Hunt of the Classic Nomad.....

Good day everyone,

Cool cool ... a road trip to turlock 4 some retail therapy ... WAHooo sounds like fun ... ya can beat it when ya have had enough instead of tied to a booth for two days ... 1 day & ive usuly had enough !!

Old school, I would love to have the nomad but I am affraid to ask what you would need 4 it .

Currently 50's Grey & cloudy here with rain expected all next week ... Great , lovely weather for a duck yano. .
Hope everyone is having a great day

Stephen / Wingtman

I have Neither ... Oh Boy Oh Boy lol. if they are still on card the crisper the better BUT like I said ... Have Neither.Can't conplain about any shape lol. LMK
They are 4 my collection ... NOT FOR RESALE ok .

I have a bunch of Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars still in the cases that my Grandfather had purchased over the course of about 10 years in the 80s and 90s.

I have no idea what any of them are worth and I'd like to sell them of eventually. I've been thinking about running a CraigsList ad for the whole lot. Probably two or three hundred cars.

Steve, I would like to know what hotwheels he had from 1995. ... T Hunts ???
Please let me know before you resort to craigslist ok .

I hate to say it but price guides are kinda just a refrence guide ... The real measure is what the last one sold 4 on the Ebay . Unfortunatly ...

I tried at the begining of my die casting habbit days to use them & found that the real world was quiet a bit diffrent from price guides ... ther kinda a hype deal & for the new stuff they are always a month or two behind due to publishing.

It led to some real dissapointments ... Had to start re thinking why I was doing it .
The real intense collecters are just like all of us bicycle guys ..... Always looking 4 the deal, Always looking 4 the coolest stuff for as little as we can get away with paying 4 it ya no ..... we are all the same ... collecters that is .

I forget the Bicycle program that we were all talking about last week about the guys taking advantage of the old vets BUT , basicly we all try to get the best deal we can don't we ??? They were just out of line taking advantage of the elderly & Vet's ... BUT that said , were ealse are ya gona find some of the old stuff ???? From older folks.

It's a fine line .
They may offer it to you cheep cause they do not know any better , or because they might like you , or because they just want it gone & don't care about the $$$$ end of things.
Every one is differnt. Who knows what drives everyone . We are all diffrent .

It all boils down to Common courtsey, good manners, Good judgment , moralty Ect Ect.
You Know , the things we all learned in kindergarden.

Any way Steve, I would NOT sell them on craigs list ... I would try selling them on the E bay or maby better yet , The Toy Peddler.

You should try Linking this site to his. The guys here have a lot in common with all kind's of toys ... and I'm about to ask the toy peddler to consider Bicycles as toys & let us creep in there a sell Items thru him.

And in closing ,

Steve the Lendsy Matchbox stuff is were the $$$$ is at .The ones that we use to get at the drug store with mom when we were kids ... that were in Glass counter displays & the cars were in cardboard boxes not carded. Those can be the Mother load . Most of the ohers are Fodder.

Ok , I'm done here ... hope this helps
Best wishes,

Stephen / Wingman

Back