Tricycle sprocket issues

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok people. I have this junk 20" wheel tricycle that has been sitting in the weather for no telling how many years. Fortunately everything still turns but barely. I was thinking about using it for the build off but I have a friend that wants it and I will have to accommodate him during this and I'm building me something too so I'm out of this build. Anyway I have googled to find a rear sprocket for this bike and haven't had any luck finding someone that carries them. It looks like a freewheel sprocket that is pressed on a single shaft that runs through two axel housings from wheel to wheel. Any suggestions on where I can find one and how to get this one off?

My semi-limited experience with trikes leads me to believe that there ain't a lot of standardization. Posting a pic may help, although I admittedly may not be the guy to help ya successfully. FWIW, I would've done the same as you (removed set screw and wailed on the axle), but I will add that you may want to wail on it from the other direction...

My semi-limited experience with trikes leads me to believe that there ain't a lot of standardization. Posting a pic may help, although I admittedly may not be the guy to help ya successfully. FWIW, I would've done the same as you (removed set screw and wailed on the axle), but I will add that you may want to wail on it from the other direction...
It has a hub on one side so it will only move in one direction. It may be rusted so bad that it won't slide. I'll lube it up and beat some more I guess.

Last edited:
Back