Trike Axel Removal Help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a trike axel I got from Amazon.
I want/need to pill the axel out but have no idea how to go about it, any help? Even a link to another thread as my search skills seem to be weak.
Thanks for any help.
Screenshot_20230611_151956_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
I can't say I've ever seen a trike that was equipped with a derailleur before. Most are single-speed or employ an IGH hub, so that's interesting.

The attached video doesn't expressly demonstrate how to remove the axle, but does provide a better overview of how the unit is assembled and operates. I suspect one only need loosen the grub screws on the central gear cluster and drum brake, remove the wheels, and slide out the axle shaft itself. (I presume it is keyed to the rotating assembly and one wheel.)

I can't say I've ever seen a trike that was equipped with a derailleur before. Most are single-speed or employ an IGH hub, so that's interesting.

The attached video doesn't expressly demonstrate how to remove the axle, but does provide a better overview of how the unit is assembled and operates. I suspect one only need loosen the grub screws on the central gear cluster and drum brake, remove the wheels, and slide out the axle shaft itself. (I presume it is keyed to the rotating assembly and one wheel.)

On my assembly it looks like the drive portion that engages the hub for the drive wheel is welded to the axel. I am going to assume if the axel can come out it will go out the the drive side.

Latest posts

Back