trike build ALL DONE 6/16/10

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
[http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss35/mikesbikes36/img1276732211514.jpg[/img]
img1276732447161.jpg
img1276732447536.jpg
img1276732210521.jpg
img1276732211169.jpg
img1276732446817.jpg

Re: trike build

Mike, your trike is looking good brother. I'm dropping by my friends bike shop later today. I'll e-mail you with the details. :D

hey jandroart thnx man ..it will be toatally diffent when its all done but its a start ! cool man ill be lookin for that e mail i need that rim so i can decide on what im doing with tha front end ..debating on how much rake and if i wanna cut the frame ? i did that on my boys chopper not sure i wanna do it again ...anyway thnx bro

Wow! That trike is gunna be hench! Seriously cool build.

A touch of rake up front could look good, I think it would stop the trike from looking too compact and heavy.

mikesbikes36 said:
yeah it has a differential in there ..no breaks. pedals forword and bakwards any way i can fix that that u know of ???

not too sure but it looks like you could bolt in a regular rear hub where the dropouts go, and add a secondary chain from that rear hub to the one with the differential, that would allow you to coast? but you would need to get a regular flywheel and a fixed sprocket on that rear hub... prolly needs to be welded on perhaps?...if you get the right donor parts you could go multi speed as well, either derailleur or internal geared hubbed.....apologies if i am not making any sense ya.

not sure how strong that fork is but you could flip the rockers at the bottom to face forward? placing the wheel further front. just an idea, not sure if it'll work though. :?

hey man thnx for the idea on the other hub ill have 2 look into that ! im not doing anything with those forks they were there just 2 see how it would sit im not sure what size wheel im using up front yet ..20 inch 0r 24 inch ?either way cant figure that out till i get the front end raked how i want it !!..those r original off a spaceliner dont wanna muck em up ..ill put em back on the liner and sell it as a whole bike thnx mike

ohchusan said:
mikesbikes36 said:
yeah it has a differential in there ..no breaks. pedals forword and bakwards any way i can fix that that u know of ???

not too sure but it looks like you could bolt in a regular rear hub where the dropouts go, and add a secondary chain from that rear hub to the one with the differential, that would allow you to coast? but you would need to get a regular flywheel and a fixed sprocket on that rear hub... prolly needs to be welded on perhaps?...if you get the right donor parts you could go multi speed as well, either derailleur or internal geared hubbed.....apologies if i am not making any sense ya.

not sure how strong that fork is but you could flip the rockers at the bottom to face forward? placing the wheel further front. just an idea, not sure if it'll work though. :?

Can you flip the diff over to put the sprocket on the left side? If so I have a Bendix 76 coaster jackshaft hub from an old trike. It is basically a regular coaster hub with a second sprocket welded to the spoke flange on the left side. You would just mount the jackshaft hub between the crank and the diff somewhere and it would move the drive to the left side at the back. It would be easy to build but if you are interested in the one I have send me a pm.

Here is a pic of one mounted.
e2c3bb72.jpg

Looking along the chains toward the rear axle
c1d4e2da.jpg

And just another pic.
bc9ba2a9.jpg

udall and wild card thnx for the input ...im not sure what im gonna end up doing back there !!!! worked on the forks today here is some pics ...
img1269213505028.jpg
img1269213505272.jpg
img1269213505565.jpg
img1269213506277.jpg
img1269213505565.jpg
img1269213506569.jpg
img1269213505872.jpg
more too come in a few days ...

Re: trike build *UPDATE* 3/29/10

hey guys i appreciate the comments ...jandro thanx bro !!! u r the only one i have actually talked 2 about this build ...and i got my other stingray wheel cost me 40 bucks for the whole bike .....like i needed it LOL smarttiesins thnx man it makes a guy feel really good when someone says they like what someone else is building much appreciated man !!! big hit im doing good on the floor jack deal stay tuned for more goodies on this i have a trick up my sleeve for seat placement thnx again guys makes a guy feel good too get coments !!!! mike

Back