Trike build questions. . .be kind. . .

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my dillemma. . .I'm in the process of getting parts for an Schwinn OCC to convert into a trike using those conversion kits I've seen on lowrider bicycle websites (TL and BD). . . (i know. . .<sarcasm> original </sarcasm> :roll: ). . .but I've been googling a lot of these issues I've been pondering and it's been holding me back from moving forward. And these are the easy questions. . .from a newbie, mind you. . .so please be kind. . .

Question 1)
Is there a way to convert the coaster brake on the OCC rear wheel to throw onto a trike conversion? Such as removing the entire coaster brake internals entirely to become a free wheel?

And It's getting harder and harder to find the OCC rear wheels/tubes/tires as well, so I'm figuring on getting the Electra Fattie-O's for a 20" for the rears.

Question 2)
What size rim would I need for these tires. . .Standard 1.75 with a tube that supports that, or 2.125?

Any advice is really helpful, because There's a lot more questions and advice on this possible build. . .

Latest posts

Back