Trike Project: Outcast

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The project i showed in my intro thread, this is how far it's come:

S5030973.jpg

S5030975.jpg

For further build pics look at: http://www.vortexsweden.tk

(I wont use the spinner)

idea for the stem....

I would take a sheet of lexan, make a wind screen and drill two hole to mount to the stem.

Doug

I would put the stem all the way below the spacers and cut the headtube of the fork just on top of the stem and use the stem to attach. a nice light(or two)

tartosuc said:
I would put the stem all the way below the spacers and cut the headtube of the fork just on top of the stem and use the stem to attach. a nice light(or two)
I've thought about something like that, but the fork is threadless and there is a nut-thingie in the top of the tube which is used to tighten the fork to the frame. I might have to cut it of and weld it back

Re: idea for the stem....

RecumbentCountry said:
I would take a sheet of lexan, make a wind screen and drill two hole to mount to the stem.

Doug

No... I dont like windsheilds on either motorcycles nor bikes

VicXsaN said:
tartosuc said:
I've thought about something like that, but the fork is threadless and there is a nut-thingie in the top of the tube which is used to tighten the fork to the frame. I might have to cut it of and weld it back

the nut thing is a starnut, you can just insert a new one lower when you cut the headtube, it only cost a few buck...

you can also try to push it down the tube...

bar_starnut.jpg

if its a welded part (wich is really rare) you can just cut the tube and put a startnut after...

tartosuc said:
VicXsaN said:
tartosuc said:

the nut thing is a starnut, you can just insert a new one lower when you cut the headtube, it only cost a few buck...

you can also try to push it down the tube...

bar_starnut.jpg

if its a welded part (wich is really rare) you can just cut the tube and put a startnut after...

Why haven't I seen this relpy? :p That is great! Now I just have to find a starnut!

Back