troublemaker (finished)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
was just about to start on a higgins build,when i snatched this frame off of ebay. always loved the super cruisers,so i grabbed the kickstand,and the original chainguard also! :D also have a mint set of the deep coved fenders that go on this bike,sprocket,and most of the forks to make a complete bike.but.....im gonna make a hot rod out of her first! 8) cant help it! so heres the frame,after 2hrs. of steel wool,wax and elbow grease! and the monster rubber thats gonna fill up the frame. first thing i gotta do is massage the rear dropouts,with a dremel tool,for a little more wiggle room and ease of loading! :( so heres some starter pics,and we will see how much i can get done today! :wink:
DSCN1424.jpg
DSCN1426.jpg
DSCN1428.jpg
DSCN1430.jpg
DSCN1432.jpg

Re: troublemaker

the tires are electra diamond vintage 26x2.35`s. ive got a pair in creme and in black. i have 2 of my bikes fitted with fat franks,and the electras are noticeably larger! :shock:

things went together smoothly today,except for having to swap out the colson blade fork for a huffman blade fork! :) now i`ll have to wait till tuesday to strip and paint it. ended up using a columbia sprocket,nos wald crank,pair of teardrop repop pedals and a black chain for the drivetrain. had to use a 7/8"to 13/16"seatpost shim on the lucky 7! :shock: never ran across any older bikes with 7/8" seatposts! :? anyway...here`s how she`s shaping up.
DSCN1436.jpg
DSCN1440.jpg
DSCN1443.jpg
DSCN1444.jpg
DSCN1446.jpg

price check on aisle 4! :lol: the black tires are $29.99,the cream tires are $35.99! they are pricey,but they do ship em flat.kenda has 24x2.35 krusader tires for $4.00+shipping,on their site! :shock: got a pair of those last week for $16.33 shipped.

Re: troublemaker (Update 9/7)

took the troublemaker out on a bar hopping shakedown run yesterday.rode smooth and quiet! 8) other than the bike falling over and breaking off one of the axle wingnuts,and getting caught in a thunderstorm,it was a good day! :D gotta go out of town for a week,so i thought i`d throw in a quick update.
DSCN1495.jpg
DSCN1499.jpg
DSCN1501.jpg
DSCN1504.jpg
DSCN1511.jpg
DSCN1516.jpg
DSCN1510.jpg

Oh MAN!...Those tires are killin me!...You say you made the springs for the springer?....did you start with a door spring or????....or did you do em from scratch?...if you adapted springs for your forks what are they from?....If you made em from scratch...can i pay you to make me a couple pair?....wow....did i mention i like the tires?...SHEEESH, good lookin bike!

Your bike turned out super :wink: :lol: Just kidding It looks really good as do all the bikes you put together. I havent seen one yet that I didn't want. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I think its all the really good parts. :mrgreen:

Re: Texas Troublemaker (finished)

after having lunch today with my old pal Howard Hughes,he advised me to change the name to the Texas Troublemaker. who am i to argue with a legendary eccentric billionaire? :lol: so heres the standard driveway pics,and i`ll post the "lunch with howard hughes" pics in the gallery! :D
DSCN1598.jpg
DSCN1608.jpg
DSCN1601.jpg
DSCN1609.jpg
DSCN1603.jpg
DSCN1605.jpg
DSCN1612.jpg

Back