Truck bed bike racks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I have a truck back on the road I've been thinking about building a rack for the bed that will hold my bikes up right with out them banging together. Any ideas?

That's my daily dilemma! I thought about building an over the tailgate rack with black pipe but I've yet to try.

y5ere9ys.jpg

I have some ideas but want to see how others have went about it. 1or 2 bikes aren't a problem but I start getting nervous when I have to haul any more than that. too many hours painting some of my cruisers to have them ruined hauling them to a show or when going on a ride away from home.

I started a similar thread a couple weeks ago and it looks like buying a hitch was the best option. I don't plan to keep the truck much longer so I'll deal with a short bed.

I used a 2x4 anchored to my bed liner and a couple yakima blockheads. Works brilliantly.
Not sure if it would be too much of a pain to remove the front nutted wheel of a cruiser though?

984166_10153060716814815_7878903251025716782_n.jpg

Also, I have some wide wheel bikes so I was easily able to make a spot specific for my wide wheel bikes. I didn't glue mine together so I can take it apart and adjust or add to if necessary.

There is a post here or maybe I have it on the Cabe of the instructions for the PVC rack. All slots.can be altered by lengthening the spacing pieces. I don't glue mine together so I can add sections to lengthen it for my wider trailer.
I do have the instructions on one of my gallery pages titled " bike transporter" on the Cabe.

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

Back