Truss bars?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do I come up with truss bars, and how do I size them? I never really liked the look of them until recently, but I have been seeing so many sharp bikes on here with truss bars that I am now considering adding some to my 62 Typhoon project. Or, maybe a front rack? m going the 26 inch muscle bike route with it at present - flame printed banana seat and ape hangers, so no rear rack, but truss bars or a front rack might balance the look.

You might find some in the for sale section here. Or on Ebay, etc. Or you could make a set, the toughest part would be making the part they connect to on the top of the forks. I used a length of copper tubing to make struts, just crimped the ends and drilled holes in the flat part for the front axle.

@slowriderz may still have some of his stainless truss brackets...then you would only need to bend/thread/drill some rod or tubing.

Jason
I knew someone made brackets.

I think making your own is a good idea, that way you get exactly what you want.
I've seen people make them from solid rod, brake line, copper tubing, or a combination of line/tubing and wood dowels.
Someone here even made a set out of rebar.
They aren't structural, so imagination is a great tool.

I couldn't remember who made them here either. I still have a bracket I bought from him 4 or 5 years ago.
parts2 - Copy.JPG

Where do I come up with truss bars, and how do I size them? I never really liked the look of them until recently, but I have been seeing so many sharp bikes on here with truss bars that I am now considering adding some to my 62 Typhoon project. Or, maybe a front rack? m going the 26 inch muscle bike route with it at present - flame printed banana seat and ape hangers, so no rear rack, but truss bars or a front rack might balance the look.

You can also buy a set from me , I have one or two extra set ups .

~ Rafael ~

Back