Tuf Neck National Pro BMX find! with Sonlite hub!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this one over the weekend. Very beat up but great for parts. Check out the Son-Lite front hub. Too bad the original back wheel is missing.

Sugino cranks, Tuf neck chainring, seatpost/clamp, stem, Shimano pedals, Tange headset & bb...

Frame looks like someone hit it with a hammer a couple times but is otherwise straight. Kashimax seat has a chunk cracked out of it. GT bars are rusty. I paid 5 bucks!

BMX.jpg

BMX1.jpg

BMX2.jpg

BMX3.jpg

BMX4.jpg

Yes, all the Tuf-Neck stuff is great. But that front hub is the real score.

Does anyone know if those frame dents can be removed?

Very cool score...such a shame that the frame has to be dented up.

That front hub should make you a happy guy on Ebay. :D

Thanks for the reference link, Rat Rod.

When does "old school" period end? I'd call these old school in my book. Though I can't date them exactly.

When I was a kid there was one guy in town who had a pair on his Hutch. They were considered arguably cooler than Bullseye hubs. In the same league anyway, real high end stuff that most of us could not afford.

Tempting to keep it but I can't afford to keep it now either! Ha! Ha! Yep, this hub is bound for ebay.

Sheesh, I'm not sure what's worse... the missing rear hub or the dented frame.

Shemick said:
Thanks for the reference link, Rat Rod.

When does "old school" period end? I'd call these old school in my book. Though I can't date them exactly.

When I was a kid there was one guy in town who had a pair on his Hutch. They were considered arguably cooler than Bullseye hubs. In the same league anyway, real high end stuff that most of us could not afford.

Tempting to keep it but I can't afford to keep it now either! Ha! Ha! Yep, this hub is bound for ebay.

Sheesh, I'm not sure what's worse... the missing rear hub or the dented frame.
Im not sure but id think old school would be 1990 at the very latest.
If I had my way old school would end maybe 86-88 when odd,funky framed,bright colored freestyle bikes became the rage and everything changed.Although my best friend had a bright green and white GT performer somewhere in late 84 or 5 if I remember right.lol

Id call yours oldschool in my book.
Im sure Ratrod or one of the hardcore BMX collectors know the accepted dates.

I got out of bmx in about 1986. so I always consider anything from that period and before to be old school but really only because that's when I stopped keeping up.

Latest posts

Back