Two StingRays, Sweet!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Been rather lazy posting up my fresh finds, so here are two from the past month or so. First not really that old but I like it the same 04 Select Series Stingray, I know it was made it China and many may call it junk, but I scored it for a great price and it is complete and like new being hardly ridden. The tires look like a kid took it around the block twice and parked it, was covered in dryer lint when I got it, and the rims still need work but it should continue cleanup nicely and will make a great bike for my son and his friends to run around with this summer. I also plan to clean and repack all the bearings as I know that is many times an issue on the China built bikes. Outside of that I always wanted a Violet boys Ray but all the originals I found have always been thru the roof on price, so it works out. I get a Violet Ray and my son gets a a cool bike to hit the neighborhood with.

The second bike is a original paint Campus Green 71 Lil Chik, bought it from the original owner has been hanging in her parents garage since she out grew it many years ago. Was really GOO'd up and the chain was in some rusted state of being petrified. Tore it down and started cleaning and regreasing everything, had to cut the chain off and peel it free, never seen one so rusted. Should cleanup nicely, only found a few rough spots in the chrome but overall coming out well.

a01b027aba60c9a9b5e256809a448b16.jpg

b56b24cf66c485f6f3a4c0b750568f17.jpg

Growing up in my old neighborhood in the 60's most all the kids had Schwinn bikes. I only remember one violet bike, a girls Hollywood. I think they are a pretty color rare in any model. Gary

Latest posts

Back