U.K. gets better stuff than U.S. (was Old Style FELT frames BACK?!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just hopped onto FELT's website to see if the 2016 bikes are up and I was shocked to see that the older angular frame style seems to be back!!!!! See for yourself:

http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2015/Bikes/Cruiser.aspx

A few other things I noticed are the Deep-six and the 1909 are now gone. The canvas frame set is still there though. If the frame really is back to the old-style then I might have to finally get one.

Regards,

It looks like they have gone back to the old design....which has always been my favorite.
Felt_Bicycles_2016_Antique_Archeology_3sp_USA.jpg

Felt_Bicycles_2016_Antique_Archeology_3sp_USA_A.jpg

MP 3-SP_USA_Green copy.jpg

MP 3-SP_USA_Green_A(1).jpg

it actually looks like the outline of the old frames, but with an added centerline side rib along the tank like the more recent tanks have had. Simple nice refinement

Yeah I noticed that sub-rib detail. I also noticed that there are no longer any tank-frame bikes shown with aluminum frames. So I guess that's the compromise. We get the look of the older frames back (yay!) but no more aluminum frames (boo!).

I still like the old MP better than the new one.

Regards,

The other thing they show is that the MP definitely has 26" Berm Masters on it. I hope they bring the 26" ones back into the parts store at some point.

Regards,

I went ahead and pinged Joe at http://www.motostrano.com/. since he is a FELT dealer I thought I would see if he heard anything about this. He contacted them and here is the official word from the FELT sales manager:

"The one change is the shape of the top tube, changed from the constant curve to one with a slight kink in it.”

So there you have it. It is a bit like the old version and a bit like the new version. I think most of us just wish they hadn't messed with a good thing and kept the original frame style. Joe at Motostrano feels this way too. He said:

I'm going to reply back that they need to go back to retro and do the old frame. i keep telling them and they flat out don't get it because they have less vision on cruisers these days.

Well, I think the new frame is a step in the right direction at least.

Regards,

I just found an image of the 1909 shown on the new frame style. It doesn't appear on the U.S. website. This image was found on a U.K. bike dealer site.
full82454.jpg

Leads one to wonder if this bike is no longer available in the U.S.?

More digging. On the FELT U.K site there are some really cool bikes that we don't seem to get here in the U.S. See below:

Felt_Bicycles_2016_Nebula_3sp_INT_Brown.jpg

Felt_Bicycles_2016_Nebula_3sp_INT_Charcoal.jpg

Felt_Bicycles_2016_Red_Baron_3sp_INT_Red.jpg

Felt_Bicycles_2016_Red_Baron_3sp_INT_Black.jpg

Why are they depriving us of these?!

Felt has a tough job. It is tough to come up with a crop of fresh styles each year. What you will notice is that a lot of equipment is the same bike to bike but the paint schemes may vary. I notices that I had begun to do this earlier this year.

- by Gigmata

You know, I figure if it worked for simplex motorcycles;then why not work for a bicycle company.
The simplex didn't change much over the years,but I don't mind that. I'd still be happy to own one.

Back