UH YEAH HEY THIS IS AN ODD PROBLEM

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I HAVE A WESTERN FLYER 26" AND I PUT A NEW RIMS/TIRE SET ON IT TODAY AND ALL OF A SUDDEN... WHEN I START TO PEDAL IT DONT "GRAB OR PEDAL" UNTIL I GET DANG NEAR A FULL PEDAL IN THEN IT GRABS AND STARTS TO WORK ANY IDEAS ON WHAT THE PROBLEM IS? LIKE I SAID IVE NEVER SEEN THIS OR HAD THIS HAPPEN BEFORE ANY INFO/TIPS WOULD BE FANTASTIC. THANKS

i dont think thats the problem. i got these off a different bike and they rode perfect on that bike

deorman said:
Yeah, check that first. Sometimes the axle will turn when you're loosening or tightening the axle nuts.

now that you say that i guess that makes sense ill check it out tomorrow.

udallcustombikes said:
What brand of hub are you running?

im not even sure to be honest lol its just something that came off a murray bike, until i can get a good set.

i had the same problem on a bike once and it turned out to be the grease inside the hub turned to glue holding the brake shoes against the hub. i took the hub apart and cleaned it and regreased it and now it works great!

I would have to guess that the cone nut on the sprocket side has backed up a little, allowing some slop in the sprocket. You will probably tighten the cone nut in about half a turn and snug the locknut and all will be well.

Latest posts

Back