UK cruiser fan

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ,greetings from the UK.
Having lurked on this forum for quite a while I figured it was time to go public and sign up, so here I am.
Been a fan of cruiser bikes since childhood (a long, long time ago) but sadly they were virtually unobtainable here when I was a boy. Spent my entire adult life owning & building a string of American muscle cars & hot rods, then finally decided to scratch that beach cruiser itch.

My wife and I now have 3 cruisers, my Sun with Nexus 3 speed. This bike I totally stripped, had powder coated black,then reassembled with new bars,saddle,pinstriping ,white walls & old style lights with led conversions. The wife's is an unknown brand of Far Eastern heritage I think, but she loves it & the green paint has a pearl effect that really pops when the sun hits it. Mods have been limited to a front basket & hibiscus decals.

Cycle number 3 is another unknown that is currently stripped for a rebuild. Not sure yet which way it is heading. I have a pair of gum coloured Fat Franks & a new set of Electra red lines to help me decide. Will post up as progress is made & I figure out how to attach picture from my tablet gallery.

Many thanks to Steve for the forum and to all you good people for its helpful content.
Stuart.

Welcome here.
Best way to post yo' pics is to upload em to say Postimage dot com ( make an account there first) for example and paste the image code they attach to each uploaded pic into your post
You can use the 'Img' button for that, just make sure there's no gaps between the
Lookin forward to yo' pic's
:mrgreen:

AND....Welcome! Look forward to seeing some pics! Yer bikes sound great! And as your fellow Englishmen greeted you, where a-bouts are you? :D :D :D

Many thanks for the warm welcome guys!
Will set up a image account at the weekend when I have more time & fewer distractions then post some pics up.
I live in Hampshire on the south coast for the benefit of the UK members that asked.
Regards, Stuart.

As promised here are a few shots of our rides.Please excuse the picture quality as they were taken with the camera on my tablet some time ago and a few minor changes have since happened,but hopefully you will get the idea.
704167_545558315455406_378882600_o.jpg

704330_545558522122052_1049441566_o.jpg

736408_545559102121994_1475864119_o.jpg

Will post some more up to date pics when the weather improves here (it's currently snowing ) and have added my Ratrodbikes decals. :D

Back