Undertaker: Done Deal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Undertaker

Kinda wierd how this third page is too big as compared to pages 1 and 2! Must be me. Almost a solid day on the build. It always amazes me how freekin long it takes to fab custom parts. The speedo housing has at least three hours into it and still no prep and paint.
UndertakerI004.jpg
UndertakerI003.jpg
It looks like a mini farring.
UndertakerI006.jpg
UndertakerI005.jpg
UndertakerI002.jpg
UndertakerI001.jpg
UndertakerI007.jpg

Just had to make a little tag to hang on the saddle tabs

Thats lookin so good! what plasma did you get? and what is the spring from?

Thanks all. My new plasma cutter is a Hypertherm Powermax 30. My local welding shop recommended this over the Lincoln and the Miller models and I'm very pleased they did, It's awesome. The fork spring is from an early ford that was broken but with the eye intact. I used my blue wrench to heat it up and make the bend. Been building a few trophies for the Cyclefest show. Check em out in the events forum in the Cyclefest/Basman thread. Back to Undertaker. More progress pictures this week.

WOW! The suspension & insano design make this a contender.

Been a slacker on my build while playing with my new plasma cutter building a few trophies and such. Had to invest in a new welder after my Lincoln Pro-175 took a dump. I figured it might be better to get some new technology with a new Lincoln Weld Pac 180, get the 175 repaired and use it for a backup. Back to Undertaker. After taking in some constructive criticism and opinions, and there are always a lot of em as you all know, I decided to make a few changes and I hope it's for the better.
RearLeafs002.jpg
Dumped the coil over idea for an older look to tie in the front fork.
RearLeafs001.jpg
The leaf springs are early automotive I trash picked from an abandoned property. I heated them with my blue wrench and shaped the eyes and the archs with a custom made tool.
RearLeafs003.jpg
Reworked the speedo bucket bracket and welded it lower to the front of the stem.
RearLeafs004.jpg
Extended the front fork a bit to try to get a better balance. Not sure if I'm getting it?
RearLeafs005.jpg
Seems like it's coming together but you are never really sure until it hits you in the head and the light comes on. Have to finish up the rear leaf springs, get the crank in and take it for a shake down run. Hoping to have it ridable for Cyclefest weekend. Then tear it down and paint. Deadlines getting close boys and girls.

Re: Undertaker: Getting Close

Wow ! that is cool you have to think just to take the rear susp. all in Wow!

Re: Undertaker: It's alive

First shake down ride today. Smooooth. A couple a bugs to work out and some finishing details. Looks like I'm going to finish on schedule.
UndertakerPaint012.jpg
UndertakerPaint011.jpg
UndertakerPaint010.jpg
UndertakerPaint009.jpg
UndertakerPaint008.jpg
UndertakerPaint007.jpg
UndertakerPaint006.jpg
UndertakerPaint005.jpg
UndertakerPaint004.jpg
UndertakerPaint003.jpg
UndertakerPaint002.jpg
UndertakerPaint001.jpg
UndertakerPaint013.jpg

Re: Undertaker: Shake Down

i have to say it's a unique build , job well done :!:

Right on man, cool use of the springs and the girder fork... Looks like a kickin scooter :mrgreen:

the words i want to use to describe how awesome this build is are forbidden here, but seriously so cool.

I hereby declare this bicycle completed and this thread to be continued in the finished bike thread. Thanks everybody.

Latest posts

Back