Univega mountain bike value.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, I have a 15 to 17 year old Univega mountain bike that I bought brand new. It doesn't have very many miles on it, as I hated it from the day I bought it. It mostly hung in my garage, then it's been in the barn since I moved to Missouri, about 8 years. It's pretty nice, other than it could use new grips, seat, and tires. Everything still works good, it's rideable. It's a 21 speed with alloy cranks, and wheels. It has an alloy rear rack, two water bottles, and one of those little tiny fancy electric speedos. My question is, is it worth anything? I ask because I pulled the wheels and tires to turn one of my old project bikes into a roller, and had been thinking about stripping it down to build a single speed , (maybe a fixie) out of it. It would be kind of a board track style bike. If I do that, I won't be able to put it back to original. It looks just like this bike, only black. He's asking $399 for this one, it's not worth that is it.? http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/bi ... 77086.html Mine is a Rover 100. Photobucket is doing maintenance so I can't put up the picture I took of it. Here it is.
100_0658.jpg

Well not much activity, but it's still early. I was thinking that if this bike was at the local Salvation Army, it would be priced between $50 & $75 bucks. If I tried to sell it on ebay it might bring the same money. I did search ebay's completed auctions and didn't see anything bringing big money except alloy framed bikes. In fact one almost identical to mine didn't get a bid at $49 bucks.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Univega-ROVER-STI-C ... 1|294%3A50
So I think I'm going to cut this sucker up! :lol: I'm off to finish cleaning and organizing the shop, then it's bike building time. I'm so excited! :D

Do the board track bike!

The collectible ones are the Italvegas. The were made in Italy from lugged Columbus steel and had Campy components.

Univegas are good sturdy bikes, but will rarely bring a collector price.

Nice. How about some close ups?

Back