Unknown Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend bought this bike and it's proving hard to ID,it has Schwinn parts but Raleigh grips and gibberish serial numbers. Any ideas as to the make of the frame?
IMG_8075.jpg

imagejpeg_0_2.jpg

499210604.jpg

499210618.jpg

499210624.jpg

Not a Schwinn, I can tell you that much maybe a Raleigh?

It looks like a good frame, with Schwinn parts. But it's hard to tell what has been changed out over the years. I don 't see holes for a headbadge to attach to. With cottered cranks, it's 70's or maybe earlier. I'll bet the chain wheel is the original, so that may be the best way to ID the bike. I'll see if I can find one.

On second thought, I've never seen that crankset. I looked at length, I think they mounted a cover from a one piece Schwinn crankset (the common guard you see on most old Schwinn 10 speeds) to make it look Schwinn. It looks like they drilled out the cottered crankset to mount it.
images

Unless you can find a bike with the same exact lugs, it's a mystery.

He also sent me these pictures. So somebody tried really hard to clone a Schwinn? Probably to make it look more like a Paramount because that's what I originally thought it was till I got a better picture.
IMG_9637.jpg

IMG_1253.jpg

IMG_8702.jpg

Back