Unknown Crusier with reinforced headtube

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

I bought this unknown beach cruiser frame along with a China made Schwinn frame for $10 each yesterday. I can't identify it with the research I've done so far. I'm not interested in value, simply what it is. If it's a good quality brand, I'd like to do a Klunker out of it. If it's a department store brand, I'll use it for burrito cutting and welding practice. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for looking!

Cheers - Rob

Hosted on Fotki

Head tube has a strange reinforcement with the downtube. Looks very BMXish.
Hosted on Fotki

Odd seat post
Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Round hole in the hanger
Hosted on Fotki

Saw this one on CL and it looks similar. Called the owner. He doesn't know what it is. It's in storage, so he can't look at it. Words were too fuzzy when enlarged. If it is the same brand, it looks to be 80s to early 90s.
Hosted on Fotki

I thought maybe a Jamis Earth Cruiser or Malibu Hopper but doesnt' look like it. The gusset is similar to one on a KHS Montana that I have but KHS cruiser don't have it. The chainguard tabs point to plain old cruiser and not BMX.

Very similar to a Fiore Oceanside. viewtopic.php?p=269676#p269676

There was a thread a wile back and we came up with 5 different bikes with the same frame. Like cman posted, Jamis was one then the 4 others.

it definitely looks like the red on you found. the top tube and chain guard say something like:
Wilake Cruiser
or
Madaele Cruiser

ring any bells?

Thank you for the posts everyone. Looks like the closest is the Fiore Oceanside. It may have had a few assembly line twins as well.

Cheers! -Rob

I had one of these. .they are called 'Makaha Cruiser'. It was an 80's Taiwan cruiser frame (they made mens and women's versions.
That gusset is a dead giveaway.

dakota_in_the_sky said:
Hello Everyone,

I bought this unknown beach cruiser frame along with a China made Schwinn frame for $10 each yesterday. I can't identify it with the research I've done so far. I'm not interested in value, simply what it is. If it's a good quality brand, I'd like to do a Klunker out of it. If it's a department store brand, I'll use it for burrito cutting and welding practice. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for looking!

Cheers - Rob

Saw this one on CL and it looks similar. Called the owner. He doesn't know what it is. It's in storage, so he can't look at it. Words were too fuzzy when enlarged. If it is the same brand, it looks to be 80s to early 90s.
Hosted on Fotki

Back