Unknown rear rack

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
This one has a cool shape. To me it looks like 60's Higgins, but I haven't seen one just like this. Has two tiny holes in the rear panel so I'm guessing it had a reflector there. Cool spacey aero design on the top. Thanks for any help you can give.
SANY1550_zps70581e05.jpg

SANY1551_zpsb13a4998.jpg

To me it appears to be Murray built. In the 60s of course. In the 60s everything was going to the moon, bikes, appliances, cars, and anything else manufactures that you may need on the moon. I guess if I ever pedal to the moon it would be on nothing other than my Spaceliner.

I was going thru pictures of murrays and higgins and didn't come across anything of this variety. Now you got me wondering what it is. I will keep searching and if I find it I let you know.

Thanks for the response. I'm pretty well stuck too. However, the lot I purchased this in had a couple of Starjets. Nothing that went with this rack, but something told me to search it. I believe I found a starjet bicycle with this rack, but the rear tip of the rack is cut out of the pic and the pic is from the side so you can't see the top of the rack. So it's a vague start, but a start at least. I will keep looking.

Is it for a 26" bike? Sometimes racks for 24" bikes are slightly different from the 26ers. It is a cool looking rack though. I haven't ever seen one of this flavor before.

Latest posts

Back