Unwanted guests in the shop....again

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sick of Possums getting into my garage! :x

They found a way in and now there are 4 of them and they are hiding in the walls (The drywall is waterdamaged, there are holes...)
I am pretty sure I was able to get one out, I scared off into the yard. I hate those oversized rats!
Anyone have any ideas on how to get unwanted vermin out of a garage?

There are those smoke bomb things, or I could run a few engines with the door closed and gas them out?
Or if all else fails, a little bait and a pellet gun...

out here in California the local SPCA (animal shelter) will lend you a trap, and if you can't handle what you catch, they'll send a truck out to pick em up :lol: i used to have a skunk problem :oops:
at first i thought it was cool....... but he started inviting friends over and having parties :shock:

I had a mouse in my garage last year and he ate the leather tassles off my wife's brand new Electra Red Betty.

There wasn't the slightest bit of leather left....just the plastic pieces that stick into the ends of the grips.

He's not living anymore. :wink:

A lady that works with my wife has a little "cat" door in her outside door for her cat. She came down stairs one nite to find 3 raccoons sitting thier butts on the couch, eating mini Snickers. When she came toward them the biggest stood on his hind legs and raised his "arms" and hissed, then they all went back to thier Snickers. And the afore mentioned cat was just kickin' it on the floor watching everything.

bigj said:
A lady that works with my wife has a little "cat" door in her outside door for her cat. She came down stairs one nite to find 3 raccoons sitting thier butts on the couch, eating mini Snickers. When she came toward them the biggest stood on his hind legs and raised his "arms" and hissed, then they all went back to thier Snickers. And the afore mentioned cat was just kickin' it on the floor watching everything.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I had some squirrels that found their way into the attic of my 100 year old house. I tried bug bombs to flush them out to no avail. So I went to the farm store and bought them some "Candy" bars. Placed those up there and closed the hole up. No more problems. I guess the bars dehydrate them so much that there is no smell.

yhst-90335684517677_2070_552402731

I think they end up leaving your house to look for water and then die somewhere else.

At least that's what I have heard before anyway. :D

And that's why I live in a city. :mrgreen: However, still get an opossum or racoon once in a while. Once had a skunk get in and hide in one of the toolboxes at work. A friend (and coworker) opened up the lower drawer of the toolbox and found a baby skunk sleeping. Luckily, didn't spray at that time. He did spray when we tried to coax him/her out. The skunk sprayed both of us almost directly on the way out eventhough we had made a fence type barricade to protect up. The skunk stunk up the entire building. Everyone had to leave for about an hour. The smell remained for a few days.

I'd say use some dynomite! That'll definitely teach them a lesson.

Opposums are nocturnal. They are probably leaving your wall at night to roam and feed and staying there in the daytime. During the afternoon, spread some flour on the floor by their entrance to your wall. Go back out an hour or two after dark and see if there are tracks in the flour. If so, you know they are out and you can patch up the wall. I would not kill an opussum with poison if there's even a small chance it would die in the wall. A full grown opossum would stink for months and draw other vermin to the carcass. Gary

Back