**Update 11/18** What Ever Happened to My Build-Off #4 Bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Well, I never finished it. However, I FINALLY got my wheels trued, picked up tires, and got back into it!

Here is a link to my build off thread:

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=15896&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Updates? Well, here it is now. Painted and started to assemble. Having some fitment issues with the fork...stay tuned!

IMG_2603.jpg

IMG_2604.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

IMG_2517.jpg

Re: What Ever Happened to My RRB Build-Off #4 Bike?

I often wondered what became of that, Looking Good

Dan, that's loking positively awesome! Are there skirts to be used with the rear fender?

Thanks Guys.

Chris: Nope, the skirts would not fit around the rear frame section properly. I wouldn't have known unless I had your Higgins briefly to try them.

And Skip: I still have that fork. Wanna buy it? LOL...it is bent.

Ok, update time. Believe it or not, the springer needed some straightening too. Worked that out a few nights ago. At this point, I have a pretty much rolling chassis. Could be a riding bike in very short order if I wanted. However, I have MUCH more to do. More parts to modify, strip and paint and a few custom itmes to make as well. I also have a few cool add-ons I'm not telling about yet.

I dig the stem on this. I don't remember where I got it, but it is really cool. The wedge bolt and bar clamp are one in the same. Bars are newer ones I picked up from a member here. Good look for this bike I think.

IMG_2608.jpg

IMG_2609.jpg

IMG_2610.jpg

IMG_2611.jpg

This is gonna be cool. Black out hubs and cool springer on a zep frame. Who woulda thought.

Prewar Schwinns had a stem like that.

cman said:
This is gonna be cool. Black out hubs and cool springer on a zep frame. Who woulda thought.

Prewar Schwinns had a stem like that.

Yeah, it's looking killer! :wink: And I need to find myself one of those stems...

Back