V Brakes posts for a Klunker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
p.s.

:soapbox:In my estimation rim brakes are inferior in a couple of ways to a good :showingbiceps: hub brake, especially off-road, regardless of type (i.e., disc-drum-roller vs. caliper-canti-rod), but bad (cheap or mis-matched) :confused:hub brakes are the worst.:rolleyes: That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :bigboss:

I used to have Weinmann Vanquier centre pull brakes on my Carlton Corsair racer. They were ok. Bike was about 10 years old when I had it in the late 80s.
I had quite a lot of old bike parts. Had Weinmann, Shimano, and Mafac racer centre pull brakes. The Shimano ones didn't seem very well made. Mafac were a little better made than Weinmann. I never used the Mafacs on a bike tho. Just never got round to building a suitable bike. Pads were hard as nails, as they were probably over 20 years old. I think the Cantilever type pads, with the plain unthreaded stud, would suit them.

look you're not keeping this the original build, why not try a pitbull brake, see them on the Bay for 20 to 50 dollars all the time. :)

Back