Vacation Finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The family took a little vacation from Sunday till today, took the kids to Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg, VA. While there we left for a while to loaf around, here are some of the bike related deals I found.

On clearance at Target, these tires for $9.98 each, that's half price and I like to have white walls around:
tires.jpg

Also found these horns leftover from the Christmas gifts, $2.48 each.
horns.jpg

I went to the Walmart right by Great Wolf Lodge to get some food and checked out the clearance section, I found these Mongoose free ride jerseys, the lowest price was $15, but when I took it to the price scanner it came up $2. I bought a large for myself and XL for a friend, there were a few more.
mongjersey.jpg

Right beside them were these Schwinn women's classic riding jerseys, I scanned them and they were $4 each. I bought 2 for my daughters in small and XS.
schwijersey.jpg

There is a sports equipment consignment shop in Williamsburg that I had been to before, I stopped to see what they had and noticed they had a few hitch mount bike racks, The largest was a swing out model (so you can still open the rear hatch or tailgate), made for 3 bikes, and lockable. I couldn't believe the price, but it was indeed $37.55. Wow!
rack.jpg

While there I also grabbed this San Marco saddle for $5.
saddle.jpg

I also stopped by a local bike shop and picked up a couple tools, no deals, I payed retail, but always like to help out a LBS.
tools.jpg

I feel like I got some solid deals. The bike rack was my biggest score and I'm thrilled.

just called the Wal-mall out there to try to get one of those Mongoose shirts--- it was a no go. They will not ship unless its bought online. That sucks! They don't have anything like that around here.

The white walls on those Bell tires is usually pretty uneven. Hope you lucked out and got even ones. I guess they'll keep rims out of the dirt either way.:grin:

I've had a couple more sets, I've never concerned myself with whitewall conformity.

just called the Wal-mall out there to try to get one of those Mongoose shirts--- it was a no go. They will not ship unless its bought online. That sucks! They don't have anything like that around here.

I'd never seen anything like it either. All they had left was maybe another XL and a 2X... possibly a Medium. I thought about buying all of them and selling them here, but just wasn't worth the hassle.

Whats the name of the sports equipment consignment shop in Williamsburg?

This is the store. http://www.replaysportsva.com/ Last time I went in there they had an electric OCC chopper for cheap, good deals to be had for sure.

Latest posts

Back