Vacillating

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So The new fork is 21.1 for the stem🤦‍♂️
Had a look through my parts and the only 21.1 stems I have are bmx, which won't for my 1"bars. All my 1"stems are 22.2.
Looked on ebay, could only find ugly steel mtb stems too fit.
Sooo, I fired up the old ww2 lathe and made some swarf👌
20230530_093438.jpg
20230530_094915.jpg

Problem solved.

Wow!! I had a lot of catching up to do on this build. Awesome take with the deco theme!

I got worried when I first glanced at this photo.

chaps helmet.jpg

Your black material (chaps?) laying off the shelf made me think "Is he putting a Darth Vader helmet on the front of this thing?" :21:

Wow!! I had a lot of catching up to do on this build. Awesome take with the deco theme!

I got worried when I first glanced at this photo.

View attachment 234757

Your black material (chaps?) laying off the shelf made me think "Is he putting a Darth Vader helmet on the front of this thing?" :21:
Hmm, Darth Vader aero fairing, there's an idea🤔
Fortunately, it's just a fender cover🤣

I got some paint laid down last week. Black base, with green over the top. I sprayed the frame upside-down, to ensure the least weathered areas were well covered, and leaving the more weathered areas lightly coated.
20230614_154034.jpg
20230614_154040.jpg

After drying for a week, I sanded and scuffed the most exposed areas to give the 'well used' look i was after.
20230614_154552.jpg
20230614_154600.jpg
20230614_153501.jpg

I will have set them up outside in the rain, to 'mature' for the next few weeks, before I add a coating of BLO.

I got some paint laid down last week. Black base, with green over the top. I sprayed the frame upside-down, to ensure the least weathered areas were well covered, and leaving the more weathered areas lightly coated. View attachment 236610View attachment 236611
After drying for a week, I sanded and scuffed the most exposed areas to give the 'well used' look i was after.
View attachment 236612View attachment 236613View attachment 236614
I will have set them up outside in the rain, to 'mature' for the next few weeks, before I add a coating of BLO.
Love that frame you sir are a creator of cool.

Looks Great ! I have a question about welding / brazing frame . Was told never electric weld a CROMO frame . The metal will crack later . True or Tale ? Noticed British Bikes are brazed .

Latest posts

Back