Value Village Score

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up this old Trek touring bike yesterday at Value Village. I'm really starting to like this thing. It's got the old Klunker bars on it, dia-compe brake components, a mavic front wheel, schimano suntour components, a working (good batteries included!) cat eye computer, and everything else on the bike is of equal high quality. It even has the original Trek water bottle! The bike is in really great shape, and I found all the original paperwork for the bike, plus the paperwork for the computer, and a bunch of sales/maintanence reciepts in the in frame pouch! I got home, filled the tires with air, and rode it to the grocery store, it rides great. I was thinking of selling it, but I might want to use the components to make a Klunker out of my '58 columbia, or maybe just keep it as it is and ride it. Either way, I think I did okay.

I just did some research on it, appears to be from 83-85.

P1030162.jpg

P1030163.jpg

P1030164.jpg

P1030165.jpg

Well I just got a line on some old Whizzer parts, so that throws this bike on the chopping block. If anybody is interested, shoot me an offer.

Back