VERY CHEAP craigslist find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah its rough but i couldnt pass it up for what i got it for...and i need a few parts off it to complete my other fair lady.
i was also told that its painted a very rare color from the factory? can someone give me some details on that

425039_267215010017072_100001857244124_635176_1879648234_n.jpg

417670_267215050017068_100001857244124_635177_420156277_n.jpg

heyslugger said:
Yeah that aqua front wheel was limited to ONE. Very rare! :mrgreen: Enjoy. I like the grips one that a lot.

lol i HAD to ask the kid that i got it from if it was original and hes like yeah i think so i said oh ok cool ill take it lol the only parts i need off it are the handle bars/neck the seat post and the front rim. im going to clean up the parts and put them on my other fair lady.

then the rest of this bike is for sale...either parts or whole. CHEAP

The color is called Holiday Rose only used the first half of 1977 by schwinn. The color is rare but not all that sought after. I have had a couple of lil chiks and fair lady's in this color. Matt

MBblue6 said:
The color is called Holiday Rose only used the first half of 1977 by schwinn. The color is rare but not all that sought after. I have had a couple of lil chiks and fair lady's in this color. Matt

thanks for the info.

I've got a '77 Hollywood in this color, its been cleaned, regreased, and refurbished. The rear wheel was flat in one spot and replaced with a correct S-7. It should bring in not a penny under $100. Now, if it was a blue or green...then I would live up to my screen name by PARTING IT OUT!

I'm told that this creamy pinkish color and supposedly a lavender color are more rare and are worth triple what other colors are worth. Judging from sale prices, I'd say thats true.

She'll come out of the basement in the spring. 8)

partsguy said:
I've got a '77 Hollywood in this color, its been cleaned, regreased, and refurbished. The rear wheel was flat in one spot and replaced with a correct S-7. It should bring in not a penny under $100. Now, if it was a blue or green...then I would live up to my screen name by PARTING IT OUT!

I'm told that this creamy pinkish color and supposedly a lavender color are more rare and are worth triple what other colors are worth. Judging from sale prices, I'd say thats true.

She'll come out of the basement in the spring. 8)

i just sold the chain guard and sprocket and hardware for 35 bucks. i plan to part out the rest of it as it now sits in my basement ripped apart. i got it to rob some piece off it for my other fair lady that is in mint condition aside from the parts i robbed off this pink one which were the handlebars/stem the front 16' wheel and the seat post.

mikesbikes36 said:
id take the sissy bar n handle bars if the price is rite .... :mrgreen: MIKE

shoot me an offer. i have decided that i want to focus more on my other projects so now both of these fair ladys will be parted out. check the for sale section

I don't see anything wrong with parting out the 'ole girl, she is kinda rough. My Hollywood though, was too good for the treatment, I just couldn't do it. The only thing I didn't do was repack the headset. I simply could not get the stem off. It turned fine, so I gave up my perfectionist ways on this one.

partsguy said:
I don't see anything wrong with parting out the 'ole girl, she is kinda rough. My Hollywood though, was too good for the treatment, I just couldn't do it. The only thing I didn't do was repack the headset. I simply could not get the stem off. It turned fine, so I gave up my perfectionist ways on this one.

ive also got a near mint blue 77 that i was gonna rebuild but im not parting it out. the fenders,chain guard,seat,seat post,sissy bars,sprocket and all the cups are MINT. even the headbadge is MINT

Latest posts

Back