Vintage bicycle repair stand [OLD]

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i run ads in the paper for old bikes had a guy call said he had two old schwinns i bought them both a 54 and a 53 thats the 53 in the picture after talking with him he had told me that his grandfather used to run a bike shop years ago but he passed away and he ended up with every thing. he had sold it all off but the two bikes and and a few drawers full of nos parts and this old bike stand. i found no model numbers only what is stamped on the bottom stevens new york made in usa i bought evey thing the stand was painted black when i got it. i repainted it gray you push the foot control on the floor and it goes fowards or backwards it swivels left and right has a table for tools that also swivels it looked to me to be in the 30s or 40s a friend looked at it he seems to think teens or twenties i have went on about this thing but after looking at the stands that they sell today you can see why the stand works great its all cast with no broken parts it was made to bolt on to floor but i use this platform so i can move it .
bikestand004.jpg

That stand is great. I like the attachment that holds the front wheel straight. Just be careful not to crush the bike's tubes if you ever mount a modern bike in it.

Likewise! ^^ Awesome finds- the stand, bike, and parts are all killer! I'd really like to see the other Schwinn too...

Back